Valley Central Veterinary Referral and Emergency Center has implemented some changes in how we provide care. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we are taking additional measures to limit exposure between our clients and staff. Our goal is to continue providing exceptional veterinary care while keeping us all healthy during this pandemic.
Upon arrival to our facility, clients are asked to call our phone number 610-435-1553 to let our reception know you are in the parking lot.
For all emergencies we also ask that you call ahead of time so that our team can discuss the best plan of action prior to your arrival.
1. To ensure the safety of our staff and clients we have implemented a Curb-Side Check-In Policy. We will have our Check-In registration electronically sent to you. Payments will also be taken electronically. After registration you will be met by a staff member to retrieve your pet from outside of the building. We ask our clients to wear a mask at this time.
2. We will ask clients who are being treated for COVID-19, who are quarantined for possible exposure to COVID-19, or who are displaying any signs of respiratory infection to reschedule their appointment. If rescheduling is impossible due to the medical needs of your pet, we ask that you have someone who is healthy to accompany your pet.
3. We are unable to allow clients to enter our building at any time. Clients are required to remain in their cars while our staff assesses their pets. Our doctors and nurses will call the client on their cell phone in order to obtain the history and to determine a treatment plan. After this, one of our staff will come to your car to retrieve your pet and take your pet into our hospital to be evaluated and treated. We ask our clients to wear a mask at this time.
4. Pets will be returned to you in your car following both inpatient and outpatient treatment. We ask our clients to wear a mask at this time.
5. We are unable to allow visitation of hospitalized pets until the end of this crisis.
We will continue to monitor the situation and will follow any appropriate recommendations from federal, state, and local officials.
We ask for your continued understanding and cooperation as we continue to navigate this truly unprecedented situation. With your assistance, we will continue to provide your pets with the care that they need.
EMPLOYEE SAFETY MEASURES
Given the current situation, VCVREC is requiring all staff members displaying any sign of illness to NOT report to work. Each employee has been asked to check their temperature before arriving to the hospital. Our staff members are required to wear a mask and to thoroughly wash their hands upon arrival to work, after leaving and re-entering the building, and after every client and patient interaction.
We have adopted a hospital-wide ban on hand-shaking, hugging, and general unnecessary close personal contact. When possible, our team members will maintain a safe social-distancing.
Rest assured that we will continue to have doctors, nurses, and staff available for all of our patients 24/7. To reduce the spread of illness we are reducing the staff members inside the hospital at the same time.
Wishing you and your family health and safety.