We wanted to keep our clients informed of our temporary policy that we have put in place at Valley Central Veterinary Referral and Emergency Center. Due to the continued growing and evolving nature of the COVID-19 pandemic, we are taking additional measures to limit exposure between our clients and staff. Our goal is to continue providing exceptional veterinary care while keeping us all healthy during this pandemic.
We are committed to offering a safe and healthy environment for our clients and our staff. To do this we are implementing the following procedures at VCVREC:
Upon arrival to our facility, clients are asked to call our phone number at 610-435-1553 to let reception know they are in the parking lot.
1. We are unable to provide service to clients who are being treated for COVID-19, who are quarantined for possible exposure to COVID-19, or who are displaying any signs of respiratory infection.
2. We are unable to allow clients to enter our building at any time. Clients are required to remain in their cars while our staff assesses their pets. Our doctors and nurses will call the client on their cell phone in order to obtain the history and to determine a treatment plan. After this, one of our staff will come to your car to retrieve your pet and take your pet into our hospital to be evaluated and treated.
This means that we are not able to make any restrooms available for public use until the end of this crisis. Since you might be waiting in your car for some time, you need to be prepared for the possibility that you will need to leave to go to the local gas stations or other public places to use the restroom.
3. Pets will be returned to you in your car following both inpatient and outpatient treatment. Clients will need to call our reception desk to make payment at the end of the visit. Clients will not be allowed to enter the building to make payment.
4. We are unable to allow visitation of hospitalized pets until the end of this crisis.
5. We will be rescheduling non-essential appointments to a later time.
We will continue to monitor the situation and will follow any appropriate recommendations from federal, state, and local officials.
We ask for your continued understanding and cooperation as we continue to navigate this truly unprecedented situation. With your assistance, we will continue to provide your pets with the care that they need.
EMPLOYEE SAFETY MEASURES
Given the current situation, VCVREC is requiring all staff members displaying any sign of illness to NOT report to work. Each employee has been asked to check their temperature before arriving to the hospital. Our staff members are required to wear a mask and to thoroughly wash their hands upon arrival to work, after leaving and re-entering the building, and after every client and patient interaction.
We have adopted a hospital-wide ban on hand-shaking, hugging, and general unnecessary close personal contact. When possible, our team members will maintain a safe social-distancing.
Rest assured that we will continue to have doctors, nurses, and staff available for all of our patients 24/7. To reduce the spread of illness we are reducing the staff members inside the hospital at the same time.
Wishing you and your family health and safety.